Instead of making a new Thread, I am going to expound on this one as I may have messed something up...
Today; I am trying to install Pyroom and Gambas2 into my calculate scratch 10.4 fluxbox system.
I found a pyroom ebuild here
and according to gambas site gambas should be in portage repo
but its not
so, I had to get it here
so, after setting up my ebuild stuff in usr/local as per this
I did both
I get these errors
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "app-office/pyroom" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- app-office/pyroom-0.4.1 (masked by: missing keyword)
* ERROR: dev-db/gambas-2.7.0 failed:
* gcc needs to be build with the USE flag libffi
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 54: Called pkg_setup
* gambas-2.7.0.ebuild, line 51: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "gcc needs to be build with the USE flag libffi"
I tried cl-unmask on pyroom
One of the packages not match your architecture.
Please revise dependences of the packages by your own* using flags concealment of packages.
my arch is athlon-xp
NOTE: I have taken a slack pkg I made of pyroom and manually installed
it along with its depends and it works great!
So, why cant portage do it?
How do i fix all this and how do I do "gcc needs to be build with the USE flag libffi"