Calculate Linux Desktop 9.7 KDE released
Calculate Linux Desktop is the free operating sistem based on Gentoo Linux for your PC or notebook. You can watch your web, manage mail or photos, do your office work, watch TV or listen to music. Supported on the local network with Windows machines. If the domain controller serves Calculate Directory Server, Windows and Linux users will use shared resources.
1. User-friendly desktop.
2. 100% compatible with Gentoo.
3. The ability to work from livecd with full booting in the memory.
4. The support of following langueges: English, Spain, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish and French.
5. The support of installation on HDD, USB-Flash and USB-HDD with file-system: ext4, ext3, ext2, reiserfs, xfs and jfs.
1. Support of Italian and Polish has been added.
2. The system installation on USB Flash card has been added. You need in 2 Gb for it.
3. The forming of a new user account in KDE was accelerated by 2.5 times.
4. The setting of sound card has been added.
5. The identification of PCs and notebooks with using of 2 video cards has been added.
6. Unmasking of the unstable programm versions was made with taking account of the last available version at the building system time.
7. The option for boot of the LiveDVD image into the cash has been added. This routine is possible only for PC with more than 2 Gb of cash.
8. File README.html with description of installation has been added on the livecd desktop.
9. All packages are collected from the ebuild files Calculate Overlay. Thus Calculate Linux Desktop KDE is compatible with Gentoo on 100%.
Composition: KDE 4.2.4, Kernel 22.214.171.124, OpenOffice 3.0.1, X.Org 7.4.
For updating the previous version of Calculate Linux Desktop you should update the installer Calculate till 1.1 version through Instructions:
I'm trying to install calculate 9.7 KDE on VirtualBox with 256 MB memory and installation fails during unpacking some archive (i suppose it is stage).
After 2% it's just hanging and then fails.
I've found what this is because of memory. If I'm increasing memory (up to 512 MB for example) installation fails a bit later. After 4% or something like that.
"top" on the next console shows how installer eats all my memory.
It seems - installer is trying to unpack something directly into virtual FS.. instead of real disk.
Here is an installation command I've used:
# calculate -d /dev/sda2
(tried with and without "calculate -u" before)
This is not logical, but it is a fact.
Module lzma, unpacks the archive as if in memory of a computer. Select the virtual machine more memory, or mount swap.
PS. I think it is be a good idea to mention about this trick in installation guide.
In the next version we will move to the 2.6.30 kernel, squashfs with lzma support will not be. Along with it a problem.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.|