Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Boot from Network via PXE (Eng. Version)
1. using root_fs for i386 we have made before to be able booted from network.
2. root_fs can be booted from Network with Boot From Network facility in BIOS.
3. We will use PXE Technology.
PXE is ... you can read it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preboot...on_Environment.
There are several BIOS that have been supported by PXE,...
Make medium linux for testing and some interests purposes such as:
1. linux that was built is small enough to be inserted into the flash disk or another block device.
2. Can be booted from a laptop, PC, or other x86 standard devices.
3. Software can be installed for testing purposes, such as iptables, ebtables, brctl (bridge controller), vlan, pppoe server / client, pptp server / client, web server, database, nfs, etc..
4. Easy to configure,...