For the Self Proclaimed :newbie: (in all;)
Hi.LQ gets voluminous amounts of (to ?any) "novice" inquires and many frequented
so here's more of some quick links from *we to you* best wishes and have fun.
Going to keep it short and simple, up to you how deep to go Untitled.png
What we learn with we perceive most useful but truthfully, the more we learn with the more we'll find useful.
Many a sea so seaARch WiSely.
You've(1) decided to make(2) a choice(3) for freedom(4) and at a good time(5) too,,, in my more than twenty years with it* I've watched GNU\Linux(6) change to be usable by anyone so enjoy! More importantly search(8) answers(9) before posting questions as-well put more info(10). Then if your problem gets solved [inform] plus how for the sake of others?. And, that's all I'm going to put outside of comments
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Why you should back up your files (and\or configs, microcoughed if you may need it too &c*)
2. Wikipedia; Live CD (or USB or Virtualbox &see*)
3. Distrowatch; Distribution category Live Medium "Sorted by popularity" (you decide also from Linux magazines or distro sites plus try libraries &sea...)
4. Free as in Freedom; Richard Stallman's Crusade for Free Software manybooks.net
5. Debian User Forums; How to Help Someone use a Computer
6. Top pick of searching www.tldp.org(7) for 'what is Linux'
7. The Linux Documentation Project
8. University of South Carolina; Bare Bones 101: A Basic Tutorial On Searching The Web
9. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; www.catb.org
10. : like your PC or hardware's model number ; defined by Computer Hope .com and at a (10.1)command-prompt$(: Kon-Solo;)(FreeBSD Man Pages)(10.2) additionally more on the problem at hand, what you did\want, error codes+++Code:man uname
Happy HackingP.s:(11) want to mention the joy I've had
trying many, many distros plus window
managers and think it's vital. . .
CLI is the best but I do love how bloatware rhymes with cycles to spare.
Total Comments 4
Posted 10-18-2013 at 08:38 AM by jamison20000e
Updated 08-21-2016 at 11:22 AM by jamison20000e
Posted 10-21-2013 at 10:12 AM by jamison20000e
Updated 08-21-2016 at 11:23 AM by jamison20000e
Posted 12-12-2015 at 11:55 PM by rokytnji
Updated 06-08-2016 at 01:08 PM by jamison20000e
Posted 01-06-2016 at 05:26 PM by jamison20000e
Updated 06-02-2016 at 05:08 AM by jamison20000e