For the Self Proclaimed :newbie: (in all;)
Hello. (-:LQ gets voluminous amounts of (to ?any) "novice" inquires and many frequented
so here's more of some quick links from *we to you* best wishes and have fun.
Going to keep it short and simple, it's up to you how deep to go Untitled.png
May-not always know what we want? But, should always want what we don't know.
There is many a sea so search wisely.
You've(1) decided to make(2) a choice(3) for freedom(4) and at a good time(5) too,,, in my more than twenty years with it I've watched GNU\Linux(6) change to be usable by anyone so enjoy. More importantly search(8) answers(9) before posting questions as-well put more info(10) then if your problem gets solved [inform] plus how for the sake of others. And, that's all I'm going to say outside of comments but
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Why you should back up your files (and\or configs)
2. Wikipedia; Live CD (or USB or other)
3. Distrowatch; Distribution category Live Medium "Sorted by popularity" (you decide also from Linux magazines or distro sites plus try libraries &c...)
4. Free as in Freedom; Richard Stallman's Crusade for Free Software manybooks.net
5. Debian User Forums; How to Help Someone use a Computer
6. Top pick of searching www.tldp.org(7) for 'what is Linux'
7. The Linux Documentation Project
8. University of South Carolina; Bare Bones 101: A Basic Tutorial On Searching The Web
9. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way; www.catb.org
10. : like your PC or hardware's model number ; defined by Computer Hope .com and at a (10.1)command-prompt$(: Kon-Solo;)(FreeBSD Man Pages)(10.2) additionally more on the problem at hand, what you did\want, error codes+++Code:man uname
Happy HackingP.s:(11) want to mention the joy I've had
trying many, many distros plus window
managers and think it's vital. . .
CLI is the best but I do love how bloatware rhymes with cycles to spare.
Total Comments 2
Posted 10-18-2013 at 08:38 AM by jamison20000e
Updated 06-12-2015 at 12:45 PM by jamison20000e
Posted 10-21-2013 at 10:12 AM by jamison20000e
Updated 06-20-2015 at 09:37 AM by jamison20000e