LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   2010 LinuxQuestions.org Members Choice Awards (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/2010-linuxquestions-org-members-choice-awards-93/)
-   -   Multimedia Utility of the Year (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/2010-linuxquestions-org-members-choice-awards-93/multimedia-utility-of-the-year-855927/)

jeremy 01-12-2011 05:22 PM

Multimedia Utility of the Year
 
Another poll where many of the nominees are admittedly not directly comparable. CD/DVD authoring tools have been removed this year.

--jeremy

eveningdress00 01-14-2011 04:02 AM

Evening dresses is a good choice

mlangdn 01-17-2011 07:04 AM

I started using XBMC a couple of months ago. I still have a lot to learn, but I like it a lot.

sunnydrake 01-17-2011 07:12 AM

Miro Internet TV - downloadable online blogs/programms, media player etc.. very good plz add.

wafflesausage 01-18-2011 05:10 PM

Even though these are both old news, you really should have included mplayer and ffmpeg.

jeremy 01-18-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesausage (Post 4229270)
Even though these are both old news, you really should have included mplayer and ffmpeg.

You can vote for both in their respective categories.

--jeremy

portamenteff 01-20-2011 02:33 AM

Gstreamer
 
I haven't found a way to use all of the media on the net without Gstreamer.

savotije 01-21-2011 09:58 PM

GStreamer

gotfw 01-21-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portamenteff (Post 4231122)
I haven't found a way to use all of the media on the net without Gstreamer.

Oh really?? How about gap free audio play back? Something that offerings like xmms, mpd, etc. all had out of the gate.... For crying out loud, for all the complex things that Gstreamer does handle, their refusal to fix this long standing glitch is an ugly wart marring an otherwise laudable undertaking.

skykooler 02-02-2011 12:41 PM

Gstreamer is amazingly versatile; I recently used it to turn my phone into a webcam by streaming the live images over my local wifi network. However, for just watching movies, looking at pictures, or playing music, I would have to go with XBMC as my favorite.

wayward4now 02-02-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skykooler (Post 4246059)
Gstreamer is amazingly versatile; I recently used it to turn my phone into a webcam by streaming the live images over my local wifi network. However, for just watching movies, looking at pictures, or playing music, I would have to go with XBMC as my favorite.

XBMC rules, no doubt. It IS a CPU hog at times, but it's doing so much it's to be expected. Ric


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.