I encountered a couple of problems with the uShare 1.1a port on FreeBSD 8.2. I tried locating the problem, but the source had some patch file and I got confused.
What do people usually do to fix this...? Email someone? Fix it themselves? Use mediatomb instead? btw I don't know the first thing about cvs.
Server does not stream to Xbox360/PS3 when:
(1) 'Enable DLNA' is set in port config and
(2) /usr/local/etc/ushare.conf has
After removing that line from ushare.conf, streaming works to both Xbox360 and PS3. Note that /var/log/messages shows that uShare started successfully.
For reference here's my /usr/local/etc/ushare.conf
#USHARE_ENABLE_DLNA=yes # uncomment to break
uShare fails to start at boot. Calling
works perfectly without error.
At first, I wanted to blame bad REQUIREs in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ushare but couldn't hack it to work. Then I tried adding synchronous_dhclient="YES" to /etc/rc.conf; uShare works with that!
Here's a piece of /var/log/messages
Dec 11 20:05:47 espresso uShare: Interface re0 is up.
Dec 11 20:05:47 espresso root: /etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start ushare
Dec 11 20:05:49 espresso kernel: re0: link state changed to UP
Dec 11 20:05:49 espresso dhclient: New IP Address (re0): 192.168.1.145