I've just installed openBSD on my desktop computer, everything is working fine but I don't really like FVWM which is the default desktop environment, I would like to change it to icewm...
So, I read the Official OpenBSD FAQ for OpenBSD 5.1 and searched on google and ask on Internet Relay Chat.
I can't seem to get icewm automatically starting after the login prompt.
Here is what i did:
1. Run the following command to install icewm:
2. I do not have .xinitrc in my home folder, I created one manually, This is the content in this file:
3. I set the file permissions to 0777, i even do from step 2 for root.
4. I restart my computer as shown on the howto.
5. I type my username and password, it is still fvwm. I have tried as root but it is still fvwm.
I start X automatically with XDM.
If you know, please reply.