[SOLVED] FreeBSD, broken packages on a new release?
*BSDThis forum is for the discussion of all BSD variants.
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, etc.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
Okay, I wanted a new challenge, so, enter FreeBSD. I noticed that 9.0 had an EOL about a month ago, so, I downloaded the 9.1 and installed that. I did a portsnap fetch and portsnal extract, so i assumed that the ports are up to date. As I enter /usr/ports/misc/mc and attempt a make clean install, I get that the package is listed a broken...
Thanks! I had Arch Linux, now I'm (under circumstances) on Xubuntu (and I do like it) but I yearn more control...FreeBSD might just be what I need.
Arch died on me. Reason is somewhat silly but there it is. I used to have Gnome. Gnome went 3, I went XFCE. Then, I had two types of terminal. Little did I understand the real significance. Since I had XFCE, I suspect that the Gnome terminal was'nt up to date. During an update, in the Gnome terminal, something went wrong and the system lost track of the kernel. Because I needed a quick restore, and Arch did'nt have the install script anymore, I had to make a switch. Xubuntu came out as a winner - they all are, but Arch gave me the lite-w8 I needed...